Saturday, July 23, 2011

She's found her voice.

Alexis is happy almost all of the time. And I don't want to perpetuate the stereotype that kids with Down syndrome are happy all the time. They aren't.
All 3 of my kids are happy almost all of the time. I am very blessed to have 3 very easy, happy, content children.
(The kids and I ventured out to the Noblesville Street Dance tonight. It was hot. We ate. We left.)

The boys are far apart enough in age to have some of their own friends and interests, yet close enough to play very well together.
Play together, read together...they are amazing.
But don't get me wrong. We have our moments. And now, Alexis has found her voice.
Girl has an opinion. And when she wants to, she lets us know what that opinion is.
But for the most part, she's happy.
And she's got the music in her:

No comments:

Post a Comment