Saturday, October 1, 2011

My Blake.

No one can make me laugh like Blake can. No one.

(I have since taken him to get his glasses adjusted, thankyouverymuch.)

Thank goodness my friend Annette was there to capture these pics for me on camera. The school raised enough money for their fundraiser that the students got to slime the principal. Blake's name got drawn from a hat to get to be one of the kids to dump that nasty stuff on the principal.

They realized after all the other kids had slimed Mr. L, that Blake still hadn't. He couldn't imagine that he was really allowed to do such a thing. So Blake got him. And got him good.

And then Mr. L asked Blake for a high-five. Blake respectfully declined.
I did laundry that night. The pictures make it look like he didn't miss. The look of his jeans and shoes when he got home proved otherwise.

Blake often lives in his own little world. A world filled with all things lego. But I'm not sure what all is going on in that brain of his. He came home from school the other day with a hole in his shirt. Right at the nipple. He forgot he wasn't supposed to cut his shirt with his scissors. (How this kid has never given himself a haircut is beyond me.)

Last night my neighbor/friend called me to say her kids were cracking up, telling her about how Blake was singing a Kid's Bop song on the bus, butchering the lyrics, annoying some kids, getting other kids to sing along, until finally the bus driver told him to stop singing because everyone was tired of hearing that song. (As a side note, he does sing it often. So often that we will occasionally hear Alexis singing it. No joke.)

This same neighbor called a few weeks ago. She was laughing so hard that I almost couldn't understand her. She said that when Blake walked into her newly painted kitchen, he suddenly stopped, his mouth dropped open, and finally said, "your kitchen is the same color as Luke Skywalker's pants!" There is no better compliment where paint colors are concerned.

I still tell the story of asking Blake how his fish died. "I petted it and it's fin fell off and it died." At least he's honest.

And I still play this little video of him all the time when I need a good laugh.

I adore this kid of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment