Thursday, November 8, 2012

This and That.

My mom and aunt are currently at my Grandma's house in Michigan.  Every time they go up there, mom takes her laptop and shows my Grandma this blog so she can keep up with 3 of her great-grandchildren.  Since I know they're there, might as well update now so that Grandma can be informed of what's going on in central Indiana...

Hi Grandma!!!

First and foremost, I made a blunder last week.  When I made this post regarding the opportunity the boys were given to assemble Operation Christmas Child boxes with some of the Colts, I never gave credit to the photographer.  Usually the pictures I post are my own, sometimes they are my mom or dads.  This time the pics were from a professional photographer who donated her time and energy and photographs to all of the families that attended.  So my apologies to Heidi Hackney Photography and also a heartfelt Thank You! for providing us with these great pics and precious memories.

Saturday I participated in my second half-marathon.  My first half-marathon was back in May and the humidity made it miserable.  My brother ran that first one with me and got me through it.  This time, I was on my own.  The temps were cool and perfect for me.  My dad and uncle went with me for moral support while my mom and aunt kept my kids.  And it was great!  I finished in 2:16:48, which is a great time for me and I ran every single step of those 13.1 miles.  The training is tough, mostly because it's hard fitting in all those runs every week when your husband keeps the work schedule that mine does.  So it might be a while before I do another.  Maybe I'll do more 5K and 10K races and work on my speed.  Or maybe I'll just keep popping ibuprofen and nap.  I'd love to give a sprint triathalon a try ("sprint" indicating that it's much shorter distances, not necessarily fast) but again, scheduling in the training would be tough.  Maybe in a few more years...
Picture courtesy of: Dad.  (Hey, I remembered!)

Elections are over.  Thank goodness.  That day, Blake was as entertaining as usual.  He was told by a cousin that Obama was trying to destroy the Earth, so you can imagine his concern over the president's re-election.  In Blake's mind, I'm sure he pictured Obama himself drilling into the core of the Earth, with a big cartoon stick of TNT to stuff into the center of Earth.  I tried to assure him that this was not the case, so Blake says now that he only half believes it.  Whew, I guess.  The night of the election, as we watched the news and waited for the results, Blake put on a tie, wristwatch, and jacket over his pajamas in an effort to dress like Romney.  No one makes me laugh harder.


And speaking of Blake, guess who lost a tooth tonight.  Nicholas had lost his first 8 teeth by the time he was Blake's age.  Blake had only lost 2 prior to tonight.  He's had 4 teeth just a tiny bit loose since early summer.  His teeth are as pokey coming out as Blake is when it's time to get ready for bed.  So it's an exciting occasion.  The dentist commented years ago that we should enjoy Blake's perfect teeth because there is absolutly NO room to spare and when those permanent teeth start coming in, it's gonna be rough.  Of course, at the rate things seem to move where Blake is concerned, those new teeth may not get here for a few years.



Alexis has taken up the drums.  Lord help me.

And finally, this is the scene most days when everyone is ready for school in the morning and we have a few minutes to spare before heading out to catch the buses:


Night Grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment