Friday, March 18, 2011

Our week in review

We survived the week. It was a slow start since I caught Nick's strep throat, but we survived it.

Alexis had a follow up appointment with the Ear/Nose/Throat doctor who has ordered a sleep study. Her tonsils are still huge and he wants to check for sleep apnea because "almost 100% of kids with Down syndrome have sleep apnea." If (when?) she is diagnosed with sleep apnea, whether or not she has her tonsils removed depends on the severity of the sleep apnea.

I can't imagine doing a sleep study on such a young kid. I know it will take place at St. Vincent hospital (86th street) and I can stay with her overnight. For now, that's about all I know and I'm waiting for someone to call to let us know the date of the sleep study.


We've spent a lot of time with Aunt Paula this week. Thank goodness she lives so close and my kids love being at her house. She has a great porch that serves as the play room where the kids spend most of their time when they are there.



I love watching how Alexis interacts with her brothers. She cracks me up when she climbs up and sits on them. Nicholas thinks it's hysterical.


The love these two kids share makes my heart absolutely sing.

And here's the great Monster Truck race of 2011:

I've had 4 more Everybody Counts presentations this week. The 2 I did yesterday took place at the boys' elementary school. Everything went fine, but while it was great that the weather was absolutely glorious yesterday, the kids in the morning session seemed to look right past me and out at the sunshine. The 2 presentations today at another school went fantastic! I'll be presenting at one more school on the 31st.


Off to enjoy a relaxing and uneventful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment