Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A year later...

It was exactly one year ago that we received the call..."your baby does have Down Syndrome..." Hard to believe it's been a year. In one year we've been through one child birth, 67 days in the NICU, 6 days in the pediatric hospital, 2 surgeries and more doctor visits and therapy sessions than I can count...

But I look at her now and see nothing but a happy, healthy, beautiful baby. What a blessing.

Last Thanksgiving I walked around in a bit of a fog. This Thanksgiving...so much to be thankful for:

3 beautiful children,
a supportive husband who is the best dad in the world (except for my own, of course),
a loving family,
dear friends,
a roof over my head and food in the pantry,
a free country,
abundant love, humor, and joy every day.

Thank you God. I am so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment