Sunday, December 27, 2009

I'm a loser.

Christmas is over and my house is littered with Playmobile and Bakugon. Watch where you step.

The holiday was great. We always love when Jason's brother Aaron and his fiance come into town and we spent a few days in Kokomo with them and the rest of Jason's family. We travelled up to Elkhart on the 23rd and it was a slooooooow trip because of the black ice. But we made it there safely in about 4 hours compared to the usual 2.5. We celebrated Christmas with my family on the 24th and then Santa made a drop off that night which the boys enjoyed on Christmas morning. 3 Christmas's in 4 days. No wonder my house is a disaster. But I won't complain. We are so fortunate. I need to be better about giving. I receive sooooooo much.

The big gift this year was the Wii. Thanks Mom and Dad! And I'm ready for a road trip so I can try out my new GPS. Thanks Jim and Connie! Blake doesn't have much to do yet with the Wii, but will watch and offer unsolicited advice. He did play one round of boxing with me. I lost. Nicholas has already becoming a bowling and tennis pro. I lost to him too. So I got out their new Operation game. I'm really tired of losing.

I went for a physical on the 23rd with my new doctor. I actually had Dr. S. as my doctor 6 years ago but had to change due to insurance. Luckily I was able to return to him. My blood pressure was great so I no longer need b/p medications. I haven't taken them in a few months due to the prescription running out, but no matter. I think all my walking is helping.

This last pregnancy about ruined me. Okay, I shouldn't blame the pregnancy. I've been really fortunate to lose the baby weight right away in all 3 pregnancies. Unfortunately with this last pregnancy, I lost the weight but then sat on my rear for 67 days in a hospital room. And ate nothing but fast food on my way to and from the hospital. So the baby weight that I lost so quickly, made a speedy return. And then some.

I started walking right before the start of the school year and for the first time in my life have been able to stick with it. So far. It's only been about 5 months, but before now, I don't think I stuck with any routine exercise plan for more than 5 days. And I'm actually enjoying it. I prefer to walk in the cold. 30 degrees is great if it's not too windy and the roads are dry. I don't like getting started, but about 15 minutes in, when my body has warmed up, I feel like I could walk for hours! I don't, but I would if I didn't have responsibilities to get home to. I usually walk about 45 minutes, 3-4 times a week. I've only lost about 5 lbs because I still eat sugar for breakfast and salt for lunch and dinner. (Don't ask about my snacking habits.) So there's a bunch of room for improvement. But it's a start. My pants are reeeeeally tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment