Monday, January 2, 2012

Holiday Recap!

The holidays were busy and crazy and exhausting and chaotic, and I loved every minute of it. The boys were in school through the Thursday right before Christmas. On Friday we headed up to Elkhart to celebrate the Kattau Christmas.
It's become the tradition (calling it "tradition" seems so much more festive than calling it "routine") to celebrate Christmas Eve in Elkhart with my side of the family, and then wake up in Elkhart Christmas morning to open Santa's gifts before heading to the Smith Christmas in Kokomo.
We headed back home Christmas night. Then, the day after Christmas, the kids spent the day playing with all their new toys while I packed. We headed to Florida the night of the 26th and drove all night, arriving at our destination on Tuesday morning. Gainesville Florida. Home of the Gators and, more importantly, the Geras. Jason and Deb were good friends in highschool. He was even one of her bridesmaids. (Jason looks really good in taffeta.) And we love them like family.

Their son Eric is the same age as Nick. Both my little guys were in video game heaven. We didn't see much of them that week.
And they all love Lexi. I love anyone who loves my kids. They seem to love her a lot. Can't say I blame them.
Their daughter Trisha is 11 (going on 23) and Alexis pretty much attached herself to Trisha's hip for the duration of the week. Or maybe it was the other way around. They have the same pretty blonde hair color and look like they could be sisters. And I could about shoot myself for not getting a picture of the 2 of them together.
It was a nice relaxing week. We did a lot of catching up, eating, watching movies. I got a bit of pampering with a hair cut and pedicure. There was lots of laughing and silliness. Lots of movies, lots of music and dancing...I guess the boys weren't the only ones in video game heaven...

Dance Central, baby.
Matt and Eric patiently waiting their turn. Chin on fist. Yep. They're related.
We've known Cameron since he was about 4 or 5. I can't believe he's now 18 and close to graduating from high school. We adore this kid. And we got to meet his girlfriend Brittany. Cutie Patootie! Love her!

The week ended with the yearly New Year's bash. Good friends, good food, and just a weeeee bit of alcohol.
Blake didn't quite make it to see the New Year, although he is adamant that he did because he did NOT fall asleep. My evidence proves otherwise.
Nick made it to midnight for the first time ever. Barely.
Hope your holidays were wonderful and wishing you a blessed 2012. Going to start working on my Christmas cards now...

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year to my sweet kids! Love the pictures. Makes me feel sort of like I was there. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete