Friday, February 3, 2012

The halo is a bit tarnished these days...

She has a new name now. Alexis, M.D. It stands for Maximum Destruction. The girl is a little terror, pulling everything and anything out of drawers, cabinets, off tables. She knows what she wants, when she wants it. And she will let you know if she isn't happy. Both her therapists and her teachers have commented on her new love of the word "no", and her disgust for being made to do something she doesn't want to do.

Take for example, this afternoon's tantrum. She decided she wanted something out of the fridge. And she decided she'd just get it herself after her mom told her no.

I've mastered the "teacher voice". I am not a teacher, nor do I ever plan to be, but being raised by 2 of them, I done did learn that voice. I broke it out today with a very stern "no". Sister did not like it.

Oh, don't feel sorry for her. It's all part of the game. "I cry to show you I'm mad. Maybe even scream. How does big bad mean mommy say "no" to a sweet little angel like me?"

It was ugly, for all of about 30 seconds of a lovely little "scream/cry" she's developed. And as soon as she noticed I'd grabbed my camera, the faucet turned off, she turned down her volume, and put on an instant smile...

...and I swear to God, she even said "cheese".

1 comment:

  1. ROFL ..... I'm laughing because a friend of mine down here in NC has a little girl who will be 2 in March & does the same things !!! It's quite funny !!! The bad part is, is that her mother falls for it and I don't it!! She has an older daughter who never pulled these kinds of stunts so she doesn't know what to do when things like this happen. My poor friend gives in almost all of the time whereas I do not !! My friend is starting to learn not to give in though. So now her daughter doesn't know what to do when we both gang up on her. And boy does she know how to give that pouty face but pull a phone or camera out and the water works stop!! Too funny !!! Good thing we love our kids huh?! ;)

    ReplyDelete