Monday, October 1, 2012

A milestone! (Not for her, for me!)

I've been running for just over a year now.  It's definitely the longest I've stuck with any sort of exercise.  I still don't love it, but I've yet to finish a run and think, "I wish I hadn't just done that."  And I've also learned that I have to keep setting goals in order to stick with it.  The Indianapolis Mini Marathon is the furthest I've run.  I've done a couple of 10 K's.  I did a 100 mile challenge this summer (to clarify, it was 100 miles over the course of the summer, not all at once, you silly.)  I'm currently training to participate in the monumental half marathon. 

This morning I ran 7 miles.  The milestone is not that I ran 7 miles.  The milestone is that I passed someone.

I PASSED SOMEONE!  And before you go getting all sarcastic, we were running in the same direction and he was actually running.

He may or may not have been about 80 years old.  I don't care--I passed that grandpa!

And for your viewing pleasure, I photo of my dear 3 year old who has me living in a constant state of exhaustion:
 
 
A few notes:
  • No children were harmed in the taking of this photograph.  Yes, the responsible thing would have been to immediately grab her.  But my phone was in my hand when I discovered her like this and I couldn't resist.  I'll apologize to her in a few years when we're in counseling together.
  • It's October which is not only the month for Breast Cancer Awareness.  Did you know that it's also Down Syndrome Awareness Month?
  • The Buddy Walk is less than 2 weeks away and I'm blown away by the generosity of our family and friends.  Our team, Lexi Lou's Whos, has currently raised $1,775!!!!  Thank you so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment