Sunday, September 29, 2013

Life is Good.

I love that football season is back.  I love Sundays, sitting around watching the Colts (and the Broncos and the Giants, but not the Patriots) with my kids, following the fantasy football scores, eating pizza, and being lazy.  Life is good.
 
 
My foot is continuing to heal pretty well.  It's been 4 weeks since I broke it and I've been off crutches for 2 weeks.  I've started driving again, but my foot is still in the boot for at least 3 more weeks.  I feel fine, no pain at all, when I'm just walking around with my foot in this big black boot.  The doctor wants me to take my foot out a couple times a day to work some range of motion because all the immobilization makes it darn stiff.  The MRI revealed a lot of issues that couldn't be seen on the x-ray with cracks and chips and deep bone bruising.  So I'm grateful that I don't need surgery and have no pain, at least until I start PT tomorrow and that sadist starts working my ankle in ways it doesn't want to go.
 
Other things we've been up to:
 
Lexi's haircut from a couple of weeks ago

Our trip to Conner Prairie
I've been trying to do a bit more at the school with the PTO.  I've waited a bit for Alexis to get older and to have a bit more free time, which I do have this year.  I volunteered at the school fundraiser where kids got donations to run at the "Chipper Chase".



I'm so glad that the kids still get excited when they know I'm coming to their school.  I dread the day when I'm "embarrassing" and the eye rolling begins.  Right now, I'm only embarrassing to them when I dance in the aisle at Target. 

Lexi needed nourishment after all her running around at school.
We are continuing to raise money for both GiGi's playhouse and the Buddy Walk and are grateful to so many friends and family who have made donations!  The Buddy Walk is October 12.  Please let me know if you'd like to join us that day for the 2.6 mile walk around the canal in downtown Indy.  I'll be doing it in a big black boot, but will take suggestions in how to decorate it in a Seuss theme.
As for GiGi's, we're about $600 away from our families personal goal.  I've added a link to the top right of this blog or you can click here if you'd like to make a donation.  Thanks so much again for all your support and generous donations!  We are so grateful!



No comments:

Post a Comment