Sunday, September 8, 2013

Updates! (GiGi's and my foot. Which are unrelated, by the way.)

We're still plugging along on the GiGi's Playhouse Indy fundraising front.  I'm so grateful for the people that have made donations or expressed interest in making a donation.  (Here's the link to make a donation:  https://interland3.donorperfect.net/weblink/weblink.aspx?name=E133245&id=40)


There's a video that GiGi's Playhouse made a few years ago that is awesome!  If you still aren't quite sure what GiGi's is about, it will give you a better idea of what we are wanting to build.  I love this video, even though it chokes me up every time.  If you've got a few minutes, you can watch this and see why I feel so passionately about bringing GiGi's to Indy for Alexis:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am0HUBsNlMs

There's a GiGi's in Bradley, IL that has the best pictures!  I love these!!

And for an update on my foot (see the last post if you don't know what I'm talking about), I went to see my regular doctor on Thursday and he's "worried" about it.  Apparently it's a bit more severe than the ER let on.  The chip of bone that broke off is more like a chunk.  He called it an avulsion fracture.  And my doctor thought I might have torn a ligament, and the sprain is pretty severe.  I'm still on crutches and now in a big ugly (and hot and itchy) boot, which makes walking easier than the splint.
My doctor referred me for an MRI which my insurance company denied.  But after the insurance company talked to my (persistent) doctor, viewed my x-ray, and had a meeting about my foot (seriously?) they decided to pay for the MRI after all.  The fact that my foot required a meeting to take place, makes me feel like my foot is a bit famous.  It also makes me a bit nervous that it is indeed more severe, but I'm so grateful that I don't have any significant pain.  I'm swollen still, making my foot and ankle feel stiff.  I feel bruised and achy, but that's it.  And after I get the MRI on Tuesday, I see an orthopedic doctor on Thursday.  I'm so grateful that my mom, dad, and aunt have been so available and that so many friends who have offered everything from meals to childcare to transportation.  Not being able to drive is really my biggest obstacle, so I'm keeping a list of names in case I need help in the future.

Grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment