Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Kindergarten







Today was Nicholas's first day of kindergarten. I survived. We walked to the bus stop at the Dyars house. I'm so glad their son Jackson also rides the bus. It's a familiar face for Nicholas. And we got to meet Jackson's brand new sister, Meredith. We had to introduce Alexis and Meredith, because they are now best friends, whether they want to be or not. Anyway, the bus came, Nicholas hopped right on, sat in the front seat (where he was instructed to sit because he's in kindergarten), and off he went. My eyes got a bit damp, but I held it together. Luckily I have 2 great distractions at all times.
The bus doesn't bring Nick home, so at 11:15 we pick him up. He came out with his teacher Miss Grey and had a huge smile on his face. He said it was fun, especially playing on the playground and can't wait to go back tomorrow. Thank You God!!! I can't help but remember his very difficult time adjusting to preschool. Boy has my kid grown up. I'm a very proud Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment