Friday, August 14, 2009

A Video!!

Alexis went to the pediatrician yesterday for her 4 month check up and weighed in at exactly 10 pounds. I'd say we've come a long way from this little 5 and a half pound peanut I gave birth to. Dr. M. thinks that she looks great and was highly amused by how much she interacted with her by smiling and cooing. I love it when she puts on a good show! Dr. M was also very pleased that Lexi was on the growth chart in the 3rd percentile. There are "Down Syndrome growth charts" and then there are the typical growth charts. I think she's in the 25th percentile of the D/S growth chart and I was thrilled to know she even made it on the other growth chart. We go back to the pediatrician in 2 months.

I turned in my resignation to CICOA. I had heard rumors that there were going to be some changes in the job description and then early this week received an e-mail informing us of our new responsibilities. I had every intention of going back to work sometime after Alexis had totally recovered from her heart surgery. It's nice having a little extra cash coming in and the job was the most flexible in the world. Unfortunately, they gave us more responsibility, less flexibility, and not nearly enough pay for the extra work. I'm a bit bummed, but at the same time, I was still having a hard time picturing myself leaving Alexis for a full day at a time. I'm just very grateful that my husband has a job that allows me the opportunity to be home with my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment