Friday, June 26, 2009

Mom says she has a gladder bladder.

I just got home from Elkhart. Alexis and I drove up to Elkhart on Tuesday evening after her doctor appointments. On Wednesday, Mom had to be at the hospital at 7:30 a.m. for her surgery. They removed the tumor and a couple of "satellite tumors" growing behind it. She's doing great, very little discomfort. She was in the hospital one night and is now back home. She isn't to lift more than 15 lbs in the next 2 weeks. I just hope that as she heals, she doesn't forget and pick up something that could cause things to bleed. I would think it would be soooo easy to just, without even thinking, pick up a heavy bag or a grandkid. How many times today did I almost hand her my diaper bag to carry? Not that it's 15 lbs, but there's still no need for her to carry anything yet that she doesn't have to. I was a bit surprised that the doctor told her she could drive as soon as today. I don't think so. Dad better confiscate those keys. She'll get a call from the doctor early next week with the results. They expect that the tumor is cancerous but are hoping that it is just "superficial" and will only require monitoring as these tumors most often do grow back.

So we're back home in Noblesville. It was so good to see my boys again! Time to get organized, make some sort of schedule, and get ready for Jason to return to work on Sunday night. It's nice that he's going back to nights and will still be available during the days to help out as needed. Sleep? I think not.

Alexis has been out with my quite a bit lately: Target, Kohl's, Meijer. I'm no longer so fearful of taking her out. I haven't been able to bring myself to leave her yet. If I need to go somewhere to run an errand, Jason will offer to stay home with all 3 kids, but I haven't done that yet. It's not that he isn't capable. I guess that since I had to leave her every night at the hospital for 67 days, I'm not quite ready to leave her at home. Call me overprotective if you wish. Maybe after she's been home for 67 days I'll be ready. Maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment