Thursday, July 30, 2009

Can you buy diuretics in bulk?

The day started out with a trip to my OBGYN for a follow-up appointment. I've been there 3 times now since Alexis was born and this was the first time that I could take Alexis with me since she came home from the hospital. Dr. B. and the nurses thought she was adorable and I was so glad they could finally meet her. My blood pressure was fine (thanks to the bp pills) but my ankles are still huge. They've always felt stiff and uncomfortable, but before they only hurt when someone touched them--they felt bruised. Now they've become painful to the point where they even sting sometimes. I've decided to stop nursing, not only so that I can take a diuretic and hopefully get my feet back to normal, but also because Alexis really doesn't get much of anything when she nurses. She latches on and instantly falls asleep. She doesn't really do anything because I think she knows it's easier to eat from the bottle. So since she'll get more calories from the formula anyway, I decided my nursing days are done.

Lexi saw the cardiologist today and I did ask his opinion on stopping nursing. He thought it was fine to stop nursing and just have formula. Alexis weighed in at 9 lbs, 1 and 1/2 oz. Dr. K thought her breathing was a little fast, but nothing he was terribly concerned with. He did an echo and the hole in her heart is still large and requiring surgery. Since she's doing so well, she doesn't need the surgery quite so quick. We have another cardiologist appointment for September 3 (Blake's first day of preschool) and at that time he might schedule the heart surgery. He increased her dosage of the 2 diuretics--I literally just changed 4 diapers in about 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment