Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Sleep soundly my little babe.

Alexis came off the vent this afternoon after waking up and staying pretty alert for a short while. I was even able to hold her. She had a hard time getting into a sound sleep, lots of fidgeting, pulling out her nasal cannula, and seeming unsettled. I was told she could have some extra pain medication every hour, but that didn't seem like enough to me since she still seemed uncomfortable. So they finally gave her some Ativan to calm her and she appears to be peaceful.

It's was cool to learn that our respiratory therapist today, who happens to be married to our nurse this evening, has a daughter with Downs.

I'm off to sleep on the hospital sofa. After two short nights, I don't think I'll have much of a problem getting a few zzzzzzzzz's.

1 comment:

  1. did you meet David Martin? Glad things are progressing well. Our thoughts and prayers continue.

    ReplyDelete