Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Cyclist, the Pirate, and a cute chunky monkey

Saturday I was at the hospital by 8 a.m. and stayed with Alexis for 3 hours. Headed home, packed up the family and was in Elkhart by 4 p.m. for the nieces birthday party. Spent the night at the folks house and left Elkhart on Sunday around 2:30 p.m. Got home by 5 and made it back to the hospital by 6. Phew.

Nicholas is getting so big. It seems like overnight he has learned to ride a bike without training wheels. He's becoming so independent. And today he showed me that he has another loose tooth. STOP GROWING UP!!! And Blake just continues to make me laugh. He has very little interest in riding a bike. He just wants to be a pirate. A direct quote: "My name's not Blake. It's Captain Hook."

As for Alexis, our little chunky monkey is up to 6 lbs, 11 oz. She now receives 5 bottles a day and is also on a continuous feed. She's really starting to show more of her personality and the nurses love her. We had another nurse request to be her associate--this nurse on the night shift, which makes me happy. Another nurse came to tell me that Alexis and another set of babies near her are considered the "good assignment up front" by many nurses on the unit. I love that.

1 comment: