Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Yes, It's a sickness I can't control

The minivan is still getting me to and from the hospital. Since filling the gas tank this morning (can't be too careful since the gas gauge doesn't work) I have to drive with the gas lid flipped open, but no biggie. They changed Lexi's feeding plan today. She was increased to 6 by mouth feedings. Instead of spacing them out over 24 hours, we are doing the feedings every 3 hours during the day. 6a, 9a, 12p, 3p, 6p, and 9p. The feedings are either bottle (now at 30mL) or breast and she doesn't receive her tube feeding at this time. After her 9 p.m. feeding they turn on the continuous feed and she receives that all night. Dr. P. also decided that instead of increasing the number of by mouth feedings, we'll leave it at 6 for now and instead increase the volume. On Friday she'll receive 35mL. I think it'll still go up to 55mL eventually, but I think that also depends on her weight. As the volume of the by mouth feeds increases, the quantity of the continuous feed will decrease until it's no longer needed (YEAH! But refusing to get my hopes up!) They'll then have to also add some bottle/breast feedings at night. Once they get her where the want her, she'll have a few days to just be monitored, and then... well, let's not get ahead of ourselves. She's still weighing in at 6 lbs 11 oz. Found out I'm not the only one obsessed with Jon and Kate. The nurses and doctors are pretty hard core too. Nurse D. actually brought me in an US magazine to read and I've had discussions about the show with Dr. A. and Dr. P. this week. Everyone seems to agree: Team Jon.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm...I'm kind of torn b/n Team Jon and Team Kate. Did you see that there is a special on E! tomorrow night called "Jon & Kate: Twisted Fate?" Must Tivo.

    ReplyDelete