Sunday, May 31, 2009

A day in the life of Lexi Lou Who

Alexis is up to 40ml by bottle or breastfeeding 6 times a day with the continuous feed still just at night. She continues to nurse pretty well, continues to keep her food down, and is getting more alert and showing more personality every day. The way the feedings are timed, she's getting on a schedule which helps me to get on a schedule--something I haven't been on since preschool got out. The nurses feed her a bottle for her 6a.m. and 9a.m. feedings and I get to the hospital in time to nurse Lexi at noon. I nurse her again at 3 and 6 and often head home then. If the boys aren't home or if they're having an early bedtime for any reason, I'll stay at the hospital to feed her at 9 p.m. before going home. Alexis usually falls asleep around 11 p.m. and sleeps well throughout the night. Yeah! Hope that continues once she's home. The nurses have also said she's still really groggy for the morning feedings. She appears to be a night owl and NOT a morning person--just like her mommy. Fine by me. (I do realize the reason she sleeps well at night now is because she's on a continuous feeding at night which she obviously won't be when she's home--unless I can rig up a funnel and some straws.)

1 comment:

  1. Oh Kendra...I can't wait to see you this week! I love reading your blogs & seeing how well Lexi is doing. I can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete